St. Gianna’s Place is the vision of our four founding board members, Elizabeth Brueder, Elizabeth Neville, Monica Rahilly, and Maria Szemplinski. In recent years, each of these women has felt a call to establish a safe harbor for pregnant woman without financial means or emotional support to securely bring their pregnancies to term. Remarkably, they came together during the summer of 2016, and the framework for St. Gianna’s Place was established.
Through their research, they discovered that there are only two homes in New Hampshire, a state with over 1.3 million people, solely dedicated to pregnant woman in need. They knew that the time was right to move forward with their vision. Since then, a board of directors has been formed, by-laws written, and status as a 501 c(3) charitable organization from the IRS has been granted.
The goal of St. Gianna’s Place is to provide a temporary place of residence for pregnant mothers in need. In addition to safe shelter we offer:
- Nutritious food, maternity clothing, and clothing for infants and toddlers
- Spiritual, emotional, and social support
- Educational resources such as life skills and job training
We strive to foster self-respect and independence in a nurturing environment. Our core values include:
- The recognition of a divine purpose and plan for every conceived child
- The promotion of healthy families through educational opportunities for pregnant women
- Bringing a renewed sense of self-worth to pregnant women in need through community involvement, service to others, and through the love and respect shown to them and their child.
We are currently looking for property that will allow adequate living space for several expectant mothers and their babies, as well as offer room for a full time house manager. If you would like to donate to St. Gianna’s place, please visit our Donate page on this website via the tab on the top of this page.